Skip to main content
Main Content


Contribution Methods

Any person, including your friends, family, corporation, trust or other legal entity may contribute to your IAble account. From writing a check to rollovers from an existing 529 plan, we offer a variety of contribution methods to choose from.

  • Check

  • Wire transfer

  • Payroll direct deposit

  • Recurring contributions

  • Rollover from a 529 plan1


ABLE to Work

IAble Account Owners who earn income may contribute additional funds (also known as ABLE to Work) beyond the Annual Contribution Limit of $17,000 – up to $13,590 more.

How it works

The total additional annual contribution amount is equal to:

  • The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Poverty Guidelines2 amount for a one-person household in the Account Owner's state of residence for the previous calendar year, currently $13,590 for Iowa.


  • The Account Owner’s gross wages, whichever is less.

Working Account Owners are not eligible to contribute additional funds to their IAble account if they are already contributing to an employer-sponsored:

  • 401(k) defined contribution plan

  • 403(b) annuity contract

  • 457(b) deferred compensation plan

Account Owners or Authorized Individuals should keep adequate records to ensure the limit is not exceeded. Any increase in contributions could impact tax obligations. Consult a tax advisor before making any such increase. If you are eligible, fill out the Self Certification form (PDF). For more information, view the ABLE to Work federal guidelines


1The amount that may be rolled over from a 529 Plan in any year, when combined with any other contributions made to your Account in the same year, cannot exceed the Annual Contribution Limit. Under current federal law, this feature will only be available until January 1, 2026. Consider consulting with a tax or investment professional to determine the tax applicability to your scenario.
2The Poverty Guidelines amount changes each year. Consult the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines for the correct amount for your state of residence.
© 2023 IAble. All rights reserved.